A drop in service is based at:
St Andrews House,
201 London Road,
Derby DE1 2TZ
24-28 St Peters Churchyard
Derby DE1 1NN
Some services are also based at Halliday House on Wilson Street. The service is for adults in the Derby area who wish to address issues arising from the use of drugs or alcohol. This can include binge drinking and recreational drug use as well as physical or psychological alcohol or drug dependence.
Derby Drug and Alcohol Recovery Service has a recovery focused approach. This approach supports service users to develop skills and behaviours to:
- achieve positive changes in their drug and alcohol use
- promote long term benefits in their health and wellbeing.
Following an initial assessment the service will work with you to develop a health and wellbeing plan. The plan will be based on your needs and goals and might include:
- brief advice or regular one-to-one sessions with a specialist drug and alcohol practitioner
- harm reduction advice and health screening
- specialist mental health support
- substitute prescribing
- sign posting and liaising with other support services to help sort out any benefit, housing or debt issues
- support to access education and employment support if needed
- access to recovery focused activities to improve general health and wellbeing
- access to groups to support your health and wellbeing
If you are a parent or carer further support can be provided by the Family Support Service.
The service does not address the misuse of prescribed or OTC medication. If you have a problem in this area you should talk to your GP who will be able to offer the support you need.